Drawn to the Darkness (最強を望む者, He Who Seeks to Be the Strongest) is the forty-second episode of Beyblade: 2000.
Kai is torn between escaping the Abbey, or exploring it further in an attempt to unlock forgotten memories from his childhood. The Bladebreakers attempt to enter the abbey to track down their missing teammate, but are denied access by two of its bladers, Ian and Tala, under orders to stall them.
When Kai discovers the existence of Black Dranzer, the world's most powerful Beyblade, Boris offers it to him - but only if Kai quits the Bladebreakers forever and rejoins the Biovolt Corporation. Flooded with memories of using Black Dranzer as a child, and the lure of its dark, corrupting power leads Kai to accept Black Dranzer and rejoin BIOVOLT.
- The Bladebreakers run into Tala and Ian from the Demolition Boys.
- This episode introduces Black Dranzer.
- Kai is given Black Dranzer and joins BIOVOLT.
- Voltaire turns out to be Kai's grandfather.
- Tyson Granger
- Kai Hiwatari
- Max Tate
- Ray Kon
- Boris Balkov
- Tala (debut)
- Ian Papov (debut)
- Voltaire Hiwatari
- Dragoon F (Tyson's)
- Dranzer F (Kai's)
- Wyborg (Ian's)
- Wolborg 2 (Tala's, flashback)
- Seaborg 2 (Spencer's, flashback)
- Black Dranzer (Kai's, newly given to him)
- Generic Beys