Beyblade Fighting Tournament was the second video game released. Once again, this game features some concepts and ideas that were later abandoned within the Beyblade franchise, though many ideas were continued on within the manga and anime.
This game was more closer to the final beyblade product then Jisedai Bēgoma Battle Beyblade had been and yet still has a few final ideas held within it. The standard game play involves visiting locations and the player fights their way through tornements to advance to the next stage of the game. As each tornement was won, more parts and bit-beasts are made able to be bought from the games shop.
The player could only start with one of 4 arch-types, "Dragoon", "Draciel", "Dranzer" and "Driger". Intially by default the player could only choose Dragoons, although codes were released in magazines to acess the other arch-types (due to a misprint, the Driger and Dranzer codes were later reprinted in correct form on the games website). Each bit was released in the shop as part of a series, such as "Kid" (Kid Dragon, Kid Dranzer , etc), "Knight" (Knight Driger, Knight Dranzer, etc), "Dark" (Dark Driger, Dark Dragoon, etc) two at a time.
As well as the code to choose the archtype the player began with, beyblades released in the year 2000 also carried a code on their bits to unlock that particular bit in the game in the shop.
Within each match, however, aside from the launch the player had virtually no control on the beyblade once it was in the arena, resulting in many matchses being won more based on luck and the beyblades strength then player skill.
- Kenny, Max and Ray make their first video game appearances, while Kai, Tyson and Hiro (as Jin) make their second.
- Unlike with the Jisedai Bēgoma Battle Beyblade, a number of bit-beasts were featured on offical beyblades.
- Also, up until 2003, beyblades would have a random second bit released with each toy, the random bit was often one of the bit-beasts from this game (Knight Dranzer was one of the most common ones).
- Outside of the normal Driger, Dragon, Dranzer and Draciel bits, only Master Dragoon, Frostic Dranzer, Metal Driger were actually used in the manga or anime storylines.
- Despite being able to use all 4 of the Metal series bits, Jin of the Gale is only with Metal Driger in the final series and Metal Dragoon, Metal Dranzer and Metal Draciel are never seen in use by him. this is the onyl time he is featured using all 4 of the metal series bits.
- During the early 2000's, fake beyblades often carried bit-beasts from this game, though Jisedai Bēgoma Battle Beyblade also saw some of its bits featured on fakes, this game was more likely to see its bits released on the fakes.