AboutBruce was a beyblader known to beybattle on the streets of Hong Kong, and was always on the look-out for new opponents. He likely spent a lot of time there, as he had an eye for newcommers, which often peaked his interest.
He had ambitions of joining the White Tigers, due to his friendship with Kevin, although it was unlikely that he would have ever been a member due to his lack of confidence around the team, and also because he lacked a bitbeast, giving his a skill disadvantage. He was very frightened by Gary, despite his gentle nature, and was easily pushed around by Mariah, too. His was ordered around by Kevin, and after losing to Tyson, Kevin threw him from the team, despite the fact that he felt he'd just been starting to fit in.
EquipmentBruce used a custom launcher, based on Nunchaku; this is interesting because it makes Brucey the first Beyblader seen in the series to use a custom launcher. He is also the first person to use a weapon-based launcher (something that later the Majestics and Demolition Boys would stand out for); in order to use it, a player must build momentum by swinging the nunchaku in a variety of spins and manouvers, before finally flicking it forwards, and sening the beyblade down the track, and off of the launcher. Bruce's beyblade was a bright blue custom top of unknown configuration. It was never named, and it's specs were never relased by Hasbro.
- Bruce seems to be a reference to the actor and martial artist Bruce Lee, who was famed for the use of Nunchaku. He has a certain amount of Physical resemblance also.
- Bruce claims that he had been given a nickname by the White Tigers, however nobody ever refers to him by it. The possibility remains that "Bruce" itself is a nickname, refering to his resemblance to Bruce Lee; if so, his real name is never actually revealed.
- Bruce is likely not a member of the White Tiger Clan; he lacks a majority of the feline features present in the rest of the clan.
- Bruce bares some resemblance to Lee, this may be another pun on Bruce Lee, or it may be purely coincidental.
- Bruce's launcher is a more stand-out design than that of the rest of the White Tigers, who also use basic launchers.
- Bruce is seen to remove his shirt at the start of a battle.