This is an article about the anime character. For the manga counterpart of the same name, see Daigo Kurogami (manga).
Daigo has black eyes and spiky black hair with a red bandana to hold it up. He is usually seen wearing a black jacket with purple stripes, and an orange t-shirt underneath. Daigo wears a variety of accessories with skull designs, including two beaded chains with skulls on them, a skull necklace and a skull belt. These are all references to his Bey, Doomscizor, which is based on the Grim Reaper.
Daigo has a dark personality, suiting his appearance. He usually keeps a cool, calm, and collected demeanor, and tends to not show his emotions a lot. While he is shown to be confident in his battles, he remains open-minded about some opponents and competitors, being able to see hidden potential in them and not underestimating them should he end up facing them. Along with Shu, he usually acts as a voice of reason for Valt and the others.
Despite usually being cold and distant, Daigo revealed a much softer side to him in episode 5, when it is revealed that his younger brother is in a hospital. Upon joining the Beyblade Club, he becomes friendlier and much more expressive.
Daigo has also been shown to be very intuitive, such as when he picked up on Valt's concern over Shu's shoulder injury and when he realized that Ken was upset over having to move away.
Whenever Daigo does something horrible, he will soon come to regret it, such as when he defeated Yugo by using an illegal move for his launch. In the event of anything like this occurring, he'll do whatever it takes to make things right.
Daigo was first introduced in Let's Go! Valtryek!!, where he watched Valt Aoi's debut tournament battle against Rantaro Kiyama. Despite Valt's questionable performance, Daigo remained confident that there was more to Valt than meets the eye.
When the battle concluded in Blast-Off! Rush Launch!!, Daigo asserted that he will beat Valt in the next round of the tournament, even in an Attack-type showdown. He then had his second round battle against Melos Nekota, where he won the match within five seconds due to a Burst Finish.
- Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy: Daigo's primary Bey in Beyblade Burst.
- Quake Launch:
|Beyblade Burst (anime)|
|Melos Nekota||03||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||05||Lose (On-purpose)|
|Valt Aoi||05||Lose (2-1)|
|Shu Kurenai||11||Lose (0-2)|
|Ukyo Ibuki||18||Lose (1-2)|
|Valt Aoi||22||Lose (0-2)|
|Unknown Blader||22||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||23||Lose (0-2)|
|Yugo Nansui||23||Win (2-1)|
|Hoji Konda||27||Lose (0-2)|
|Valt Aoi||27||Win (2-0)|
|Ukyo Ibuki||33||Win (1-0)|
|Gou Chagake||37||Lose (0-1)|
- Ryota Kurogami - Ryota is Daigo's younger brother, and the two boys have a strong relationship with each other. Ryota idolizes and worships Daigo, calling him the "best big brother ever" and always supporting him in beyblade tournaments. Likewise, Daigo is very devoted to his little brother and wants nothing more than for him to get better one day.
- Daigo, like other characters in the Burst cast, shares some similarities with his Beyblade, Doomscizor Oval Accel:
- His Japanese name, Daina, is a name of Greek origin. It means "Power" while his family name Kurogami means Black God and altogether, his name means "Power of the Black God."
- His name, Daigo, and his bey, Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy share the same initials, and hints the letter D in the center of his bey.
- He share same last name kanji with Medaka Kurokami from Medaka Box. Furthermore, Daigo's seiyu, Ayahi Takagaki, and Medaka's seiyu, Aki Toyosaki, are two members of Sphere, a Japanese pop idol group.