|Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF|
|Also known as:||死ケツァルコアトル 125RDF|
|First appearance: (Anime)||The Legend of Nemesis' Revival|
|First appearance: (Manga)||The Genius Blader, King, Joins In!!|
Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF (Japanese: 死ケツァルコアトル 125RDF) is a Balance-Type Beyblade that appears in the anime and manga series, Beyblade: Metal Fury. It is the 4D variaton of Quetzalcoatl 90WF and was released on October 23, 2011 in Japan. It represents the planet Venus and is owned by Tithi.
Death Quetzalcoatl's main feature is its Performance Tip, Rubber Defense Flat (RDF). RDF is unique in that it combines Attack power with Defense and Stamina aptitude, somewhat similar to CS and RSF. With this, it gives Quetzalcoatl a balance between the three main types in Beyblade. Hasbro released Quezalcoatl with SF and re-release it in it's Hyperblades / 4D version in the Beyblade Legends toyline in July-August 2014.
Face Bolt: Quetzalcoatl
This Face Bolt depicts the Mesoamerican deity, Quetzalcoatl. Its name comes from the Nahuatl language and it means "feathered-serpent." In Mesoamerican mythology, Quetzalcoatl was the deity of Venus, knowledge, arts, merchants, the wind, and transgressions between the Earth and the sky. The design is in a very accurate Mesoamerican recreation of the art style, as well as having a back drop of Mesoamerican script. The design features Quetzalcoatl's face looking to the left with its mouth wide open, sticking out its snake-like tongue while appearing on a bronze Face Bolt.
4D Energy Ring: Quetzalcoatl
- Weight: 2.6 grams
Quetzalcoatl is a translucent bright gold in color. The design is greatly influenced by Quetzalcoatl, as it showcases two cobras adjacent to one another, and both are shown having a set of wings with black Aztec-like highlights. Also like all 4D Energy Rings, it contains metal fillings for added weight, but like most Energy Rings, the effect is negligible. It is trans yellow in colour.
Attack: 5 - Defense: 0 - Stamina: 2
4D Fusion Wheel: Death
The wheel and the core are similar to that of Kreis Cygnus because you can switch the core over to change its mode. Death's Metal Frame acts as an "upper" layer of some sort to the Wheel. It has a series of upward and downward curves which gives it a serpentine-like look, or either a crown. This gives it resemblance to Sol and Cyclone due to this. The Metal Frame also shows more of a snake-like appearance in Defense Mode with its various scales.
Death's Core acts a "lower layer" of some sort to the Wheel. It is straighter than the Metal Frame and features eight wing-like protrusions. These protrusions are slanted with various spikes to represent the wings of Quetzalcoatl.
When together, Death appears much larger than any other Fusion Wheel seen before except for pre-HWS Escolpio, which is equal to Death in thickness, being 12mm in height. Therefore, Death is known as the "Rotating Wall". Death is also very thick and rock-like in design due to its "layers"; these layers, give it the appearance of Quetzalcoatl's body.
- Weight: 43.6 grams
Death has two modes, "Attack Mode" and "Defense Mode". In Attack Mode, the Metal Frame has a more offensive appearance with a multitude of gaps that, while don't give it sufficient attack power, still give it a grinding ability. In Defense Mode however, the Metal Frame is flipped so that it rests on top of the Core, closing the gaps and thus giving it Defense-Type capabilities; it lowers surface impact in order to increase Stamina. In comparison, Attack Mode is taller than when in Defense Mode. Defense Mode can still grind aginst the opponent, but to a lesser extent.
Also, in Attack Mode, the Energy Ring is raised up, appearing it to be more visible and the Metal Frame has somewhat of a crown-like appearance. For measurements, Death's diameter is 45mm, its radius is 22.5mm, and its circumference is 141.3mm.
The gap created by Death in Attack Mode is not large enough to latch onto another Bey. But in performance, Death appears to be an excellent alternative to Duo or Twisted, due to Death's height, weight, width, and especially its balance; which is much better than Twisted's. Death has also been obtaining excellent results as an Attack, Defense, and Stamina Wheel, making it a triple-threat in any Mode. Because of this, this has made Death a very successful Fusion Wheel, preferably for Defense. Death is also the best HWS balance fusion wheel to date.
•MF/MF-M Death Wolf/Aquario TH170CS •MF-H Death Kerbecs/Bull/Cygnus BD145/GB145/R145RDF
Attack: 4 - Defense: 3 - Stamina: 0
Spin Track: 125
- Weight: 1.0 grams
125 is a Spin Track of moderate height, midway between 85 and 230 Tracks. It is average and has some use in Stamina-Type customizations but is overall outclassed by its variants, T125 and D125, along with others such as BD145 and TH170. It is a translucent crimson red in colour.
Performance Tip: Rubber Defense Flat (RDF)
- Weight: 1.1 gram
Rubber Defense Flat (RDF) is a Balance-based Performance Tip first released with Death Quetzalcoatl. RDF combines traits from RS, RSF, and WD to form a Performance Tip that combines Attacking power with Defensive and Stamina capabilities. It also borrows design elements from the aforementioned Tips. Which include, the wide and circular shape like WD, the Flat Tip of RSF, as well as RS's tall height for the tip (its WD-like shape is 8mm, while its flat tip is 2mm for a total height of 10mm for the Tip).
RDF's wide and circular shape makes it resemble WD for the most part, but at its bottom appears a smaller circle-like protrusion which makes a circular gap, with a Flat Tip on it that sticks out. Due to this, the WD-like shape gently covers the Flat Tip partially; allowing for some defensive aptitude. The Flat Tip while being made of rubber and plastic, gives the Beyblade its maximum Attack potential. Contradicting RDF's high amount of rubber contact, RDF actually holds decent Stamina, about as much spin time as RS has, not to mention that the WD-like ring makes RDF far more stable than RS, making the latter seem obsolete. However, RDF occasionally moves very aggressively, keeping RS from obscurity.
RDF functions similar to CS and RSF, in that when launched, it will have fast and aggressive movement due to the Flat tip, but will then take a defensive position. In testing, RDF appeared to perform quite well for Defense. The only setback of RDF, is that the plastic ring surrounding it, causes floor scrapes and essentially, spin loss. RDF also has trouble against Left-Spin Attackers and has lower Stamina than CS. Nonetheless, RDF can be considered an upgrade to CS, and has much great uses in the current metagame, mostly for Defense amongst top-tiers such as CS, RS, and RB.
The Tip's wide shape is a translucent crimson red while its Flat Tip is an opaque red. It is also worth to note that RDF weighs the same as EDS.
Attack: 2 - Defense: 3 - Stamina: 2
- Quetzalcoatl Purple Ver. - Purple recolor of the Quetzalcoatl 4D Energy Ring, currently released with a WBBA Face Bolt for placing 3rd Place in an official WBBA tournament.
|English Dub Name||Quetzalcoatl|
|First Appearance (Anime)||The Venus God: Quetzalcoatl|
|First Appearance (Manga)||N/A|
Quetzalcoatl's Beast is based on the mythological creature of the same name. Represented as a large snake-like creature with large wings, i.e. a feathered serpent. While appearing yellow, it shows brown highlights with red eyes and sharp teeth. It also has two smaller wings near its head. Its body also appears to be completely made of bone.
- Ishtar Impact : (Japanese: イシュタルインパクト) As Death Quetzalcoatl emits a bright light, its Beast appears covered in a yellow aura. Then, as the Beys make contact, a large explosion occurs and Quetzalcoatl's Beast immediately takes the opposing Bey to the sky and drops it, depleting its spin entirely.
- Ascent Spark: (Japanese: アセントスパーク) Death Quetzalcoatl starts circling around the air, in order for its Beast to appear. Death Quetzalcoat's Beast than wraps itself on the opposing Bey's Beast if it has one, like a snake. This occurs as Death Quetzalcoatl attacks the opposing Bey on top of it, followed by an explosion.
- Death has resemblances to Venus' surface, in that they are both quite thick and rock-like.
- This is the first Beyblade that has a Fusion Wheel that seems to have the distinct appearance of "layers", the second was Duo Uranus.
- Death Quetzalcoatl is the only Beyblade who's Type is different from its predecessor, as Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF is a Balance-Type, while Quetzalcoatl 90WF is an Attack-Type.
- Death in Attack Mode, also resembles a crown, as Quetzalcoatl is a Mesoamerican deity in the ancient religion.
- As a whole, Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF has a height of 25 milimeters.
- The rubber on RDF is not Flat but slightly rounded, the reason for RDF's great stamina compared to other rubber tips.
- The Death Metal Wheel will be set on attack mode.
- The Metal Frame can be removed to create a third mode, however it is not very strong.
- The Hasbro version is released as Death Quetzalcoatl 125SF, substituting RDF with SF, probably due to the fact that Hasbro does not release most tips that are new to Hasbro.
- The Hasbro version has a green and orange energy ring instead of a yellow one.
- Similar to L-Drago Destroy F:S, Death Quetzalcoatl has been shown to defeat Diablo Nemesis X:D at times, by making it lose stamina.
Most times, however, it wins against Diablo Nemesis by using the traction it gets from RDF to counter Diablo’s Smash attack.
Tithi use Quetzalcoatl in Defense Mode when he dosen't want to fight an opponent. In the opposite case, when he want to fight an opponent, Quetzalcoatl is in Attack Mode.
|This article is part of Project: Beys, a Beyblade Wiki project that aims to cover all aspects of the Beyblade spinning tops.|