|“||Always looking for a new workout!||”|
Alexander "Xander" Shakadera (Kaiza Xhakuenji, 灼炎寺カイザ; Shakuenji Kaiza), also known as Xhaka (シャカ, Shaka) in the Japanese version, is a recurring character who appears in the anime and manga series, Beyblade Burst. He is a member of the Supreme Four and Big Five, as well as the leader and founder of his own team, the Sword Flames. His Beyblade is Xcalius X3 1 Iron. He currently is the leader for SB Rios, and leads them through the World League.
Xander is very tall, reaching 186 cm (about 6'1"ft) and has red orange spiked hair, all pointed teeth and red eyes. He also has a muscular build due to his martial arts background. His regular attire consists of a tight black top which exposes his midriff, with a red fur-trim vest which has a belt-type fastener at the bottom over it. He wears brown pants with two red stripes at the ends of each leg, a yellow belt, and black gauntlets over his arms. Despite having the appearance of a fully grown adult, he is actually only 11 years old, the same age as Valt and Shu (evidenced by the fact that they were all in kindergarten together).
Xander is very bombastic and cheerful. He trains hard, and is a big eater. In a way, he's quite similar to Valt. He expresses his fighting spirit through laughter, but is shown to abandon even this in the face of the most serious of battles and situations. He is known to have a good sense of humor and usually looks at the bright side of things.
Although his intimidating appearance may say otherwise, Xander is actually very kind and gentle, given how he let Toko and Nika ride on his shoulders as he carried them up to his grandfather's dojo.
Being the leader of his own team, the Sword Flames, Xander has demonstrated good leadership skills, as he always praises his friends and rivals for giving it their all in battle, regardless if they win or lose.
- Xcalius Force Xtreme: Xander's Beyblade in the manga.
- Xcalius X2 Magnum Impact: Xander's primary Beyblade in Beyblade: Burst.
- Xcalius X3 1 Iron: Xander's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst: Evolution.
- Saber Strike: This technique uses Xcalius' sword to attack the opponent and usually bursts it or causes a Ring Out finish. However, this attack has a risk of Xcalius bursting if not launched properly.
- Dual Sabers: This technique is generally used towards the end of the battle because as Xcalius loses stamina it shifts its position twice to align its sword perfectly with the spin. This technique usually causes a Burst Finish.
- Triple Saber: This attack is used by Xcalius X3 and is similar to Dual Sabers with the position shifting and the sword aligning as its stamina drops but has more power and a better chance of bursting the opposing bey.
Xander has been shown with Valt and Shu during their childhood. Xander is also one of the closest friends of Valt. During the tournament, Xander was a bit nervous for their next battle in tournament and when Quon asked him what's the matter; Xander said that it's the next battle with Valt which he was nervous for as he was meditating.
Shu was also a very good friend of Xander since they were children.
Quon was one of Xander’s brst friends. Quon was also the only one who could give Xander a match in his dojo.
Xander and Ren Wu were rivals and they used to battle each other in martial arts tournaments.
- "Uncertainty is kind of a given."
- "Mind if I drop in?"
- "I wish I could pull off that cape."
- "One battle with Valt, and you won't look at a bey the same way ever again."
- "Valt's the wild card in this competition. Come to think of it, he always has been. I know I've won most of the battles we've had, but every once in a while he takes me by surprise, attacking me with an angle I'd never anticipated."
- "Whoa, dude. Need a time-out?"
- "Well, ain't that the truth?"
- "You know what this means, don't you? Now you gotta try and defeat all of the Supreme Four."
- "Dig deeper, Valt. I know you've got what it takes to crush him."
- "Dude! He's an old friend. I didn't mean he's "old".
- "Well, that's one way to rattle his cage."
- *laughs* "You can always count on Valt for a good laugh!"
|Beyblade Burst (anime)|
|Valt Aoi||16-17||Win (3-0)|
|Rantaro Kiyama||17||Win (2-0)|
|Ken Midori||21||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||21||Win (4-1)|
|Quon Limon||29||Unknown (flashback)|
|Unknown Blader||30||Win (2-0)|
|Wakiya Murasaki||33||Win (2-0)|
|Katana Sakaki||43||Win (2-0)|
|Unknown Blader||44||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||46||Lose (2-4)|
|Beyblade Burst (manga)|
|Valt Aoi||08||Win (2-0)|
- According to Hiro Morita on his Twitter page, Xander is the only character to undergo a change in expression between the anime and manga.
- His Japanese name "Kaiza" is Japanese pronunciation of "Kaiser".
- Xander could be seen as the Burst counterpart to Dashan Wang, due to the fact that both are the leaders of their respective teams and are highly trained in martial arts.