Kensuke Midorikawa (緑川犬介, Midorikawa Kensuke), also known as Ken Midori in the English version is an protagonist in the anime and manga series, Beyblade Burst. His Beyblade is Kerbeus K2 Limited Press.
Kensuke has long, spiky black hair, green eyes, and a sharp fang sticking out on the left side of his mouth. He is dressed in a green coat with lighter green accents and a pink chain circle on the chest, darker green pants, black shoes, and a green and pink scarf.
Both of his hands are often gloved by his two dog sock puppets: a blue one named Keru, who has sharp teeth; pointy ears and a scary expression, and a brown one named Besu, who has square teeth; longer, floppier ears; and an overall more approachable appearance.
Initially Kensuke seems to have an intimidating and eccentric personality, however it is revealed later that he is actually very shy and soft-spoken, when he uses his real voice to speak.
Because his parents travel often for their jobs, Kensuke never had an opportunity to stay in the same school for a long time, which resulted in him not being able to have many friends. He is also shown to get nervous under pressure easily.
He is extremely talented as a ventriloquist, being able to speak as his hand puppets even in battle mode. He uses his two puppets, Keru, who is the more aggressive and outspoken one, and Besu, who is the kinder and more gentle one, to portray his feelings on two spectrums. Because of this, it is difficult for others to figure out what Kensuke is thinking.
- Kerbeus Central Defense: Kensuke's Beyblade in the manga.
- Kerbeus K2 Limited Press: Kensuke's primary Beyblade in Beyblade: Burst.
- Chain Launch:
|Beyblade Burst (anime)|
|Valt Aoi||02-03||Lose (2-1)|
|Shu Kurenai||04||Lose (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||10||Win (4-0)|
|Ukyo Ibuki||20||Win (2-1)|
|Yugo Nansui||20||Win (2-1)|
|Kaiza Xhakuenji||21||Lose (0-2)|
|Unknown Blader||30||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||31||Lose (1-2)|
|Ben Azuki||34||Lose (0-2) (flashback)|
|Rantaro Kiyama||34||Win (1-0)|
|Beyblade Burst (manga)|
- Kensuke, like other characters in the Burst cast, shares some similarities with his Beyblade, Kerbeus K2
- His family name Midorikawa means Green River. The Japanese character "Ken" in his first name means "canine"
- His name, Kensuke, and his bey Kerbeus K2 share the same initials, and hints the letter K in the center of the bey
- For some reason, he is similar to Yoshino from Date A Live anime series.
- His two puppets named,Ker,and the other one named,Beus,make up the name of his bey,Kerbeus.
- Unlike other bladers Ken usually pulls his cord up,in the middle,or down.