Face Bolt: Rex
The Face Bolt depicts one of the most well known dinosaurs, the Tyrannosaurus Rex. The design features its skull looking to the left while showing it's neck. It also features black, circular designs atop and below, the Tyrannosaurus Rex's skull. The design is outlined in black and is printed onto a translucent, light orange Face Bolt. The special addition of Nightmare Rex SW145 SD that you get with the Beyblade Metal Masters ds game comes with a metal face bolt with darker stickers that must be manually applied.
Energy Ring: Rex
- Weight: 2.73 grams
Rex, as it's name states, is designed in the manner of the Tyrannosaurus Rex's head, neck, and tail on the Energy Ring's two sides. In which, they go into one another. Rex is a translucent gold in colour, with dark green highlights on the Tyrannosaurus Rex's neck and tails. although Rex is ok in defense as it has a pretty modrate weight, it has good attack power as it is vary jaggid. The Metal Masters video game addition of the Rex Energy Ring has green highlights around the top.
Attack: 3 - Defense: 3 - Stamina: 0
Fusion Wheel: Nightmare
- Weight: 32.82 grams
Nightmare bears a striking resemblance to the Storm or Galaxy fusion wheel in that, it features a three-winged design with a small gap between the wings. The three "wing designs" appear to resemble the "spine" or rather, "tail" of a Tyrannosaurus Rex Skeleton.
Performance-wise, Rex is not so good in Attack, as it suffers the same problem as Galaxy. The wings curve into Nightmare's main contact points, giving it low Attack potential; with Blitz and Flash serving better. Despite this, it is not completely terrible as it has found some use as a moderate Defense Wheel. Nightmare is silver in colour. Nightmare is more of a balence type wheel than anything as it has moderate defence and some stanima, when combined with Giga Flat or LRF i have noticed that it actually does have attack potential with some recoil give or take unlike what others say. Try it out for yourself and you will find that it does have potential in attack, defence, and stamina making it a balence type wheel.
Attack: 4 - Defense: 4 - Stamina: 0
Spin Track: Switch 145 (SW145)
- Weight: 4.2 grams
Switch 145 has three wings which can be removed and "switched" to have either defensive or offensive properties. It is switched by removing the Performance Tip and pulling the wings down. Attack is the side with the triangle shaped stickers while Defense is the other side.
Although having a defense mode, this piece has too much recoil to be added to defense combos, but it has a use with high attackers, as if used correctly, it can be useful.One Attack customization this Track can be used in is MF Lightning L-Drago (Upper Mode) SW145LRF. Note the need to put SW145 in Defense Mode, since Lightning L-Drago rotates counterclockwise, unlike most other beys that spin clockwise. Line up the major contact points with Lightning's slopes so that the Track and the Metal Wheel can provide Smash Attack together.
Attack: 0 - Defense: 3 - Stamina: 2
Performance Tip: Semi Defense (SD)
- Weight: 0.5 grams
Semi Defense is not able to wobble as much as Defense, so for Defensive purposes, Defense should still be chosen over Semi Defense if you are trying to add some Stamina to your Defense custom. With that said, Wide Defense would be a better choice than Defense for that situation, and also arguably for Stamina as well because with the even wider Tip. However, Eternal Wide Defense, has more Stamina than Wide Defense. With Wide Defense, it is allowed to circle the stadium in some situations when it is on a larger angle towards the end of a battle, thus out spinning Defense or Semi Defense based opponents. However, sometimes this does not happen, and Semi Defense easily knocks over the wobbling Wide Defense custom before it topples over itself.
It really comes down to personal preference when deciding whether to use Semi Defense or Wide Defense, because they are so closely matched. For pure Stamina it impossible to tell which would win a given match, but Wide Defense would prepare you for more situations by being able to take hits better than Semi Defense. Test both and decide for yourself which one works best for what you are trying to do. It depends on whether you are willing to sacrifice some Defense but for more Stamina.
Attack: 1 - Defense: 3 - Stamina: 3
- Nightmare was to be named Genocide, but was changed by Takara Tomy before it's release to not be offensive.
- This is the second time Beyblade released with SW145SD, the first being Poison Serpent SW145SD and the third Ninja Salamander SW145SD; coincidentally all of them have a reptile as beast.
- It was re-released in the Strongest Blader Set with a UW145EWD combo. (That set also included Blitz Striker 100RSF and Twisted Tempo 130RS]).
- It was released by Hasbro in the Rex Wreck Attack 2-Pack, along with Evil Kerbecs 230XF.
- After you defeat Agito, it evolves into Ancient Rex.
- According to BeybladeBattles.com, Nightmare Rex is classified as Defense-typed Bey, but the actual product stated Nightmare Rex as a Balance-type.
- After you defeat dino Agito he turns back into Agitos human form, and he has no memory of what has happened. But what he does remember is finding Nightmare Rex but after that he remembers nothing
- Nightmare Rex tried to use Agito to bring back the Dinosaurs he even possesses Agito after you defeat him the first time
- The rarest Hasbro variation of Nightmare Rex SW145 SD is the Beyblade Metal Masters variation that is only avliable if you buy the game that includes it. Rex also comes with a metal face bolt, and darker stickers with this variation.
- The Hasbro version (ds addition) actually beats the Takara Tomy version (strongest blader set) due to the Hasbro varient having a metal face bolt, while the Takara Tomy version has the lightest face bolt "feather" which comes with the Strongest Blader Set. Even though Eternal Wide Defense has more stamina than Semi Defence weight wins out in the end.
- We Highly recommend Nightmare Rex SW145 SD for all Beyblade fans