Nothing (ナッシング, Nasshingu) is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System as well as the God Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.
Nothing features a low angled, spring loaded cone shaped tip. In theory the tip is meant to prevent harsh impacts against the stadium floor from launch, preventing accidental self Knock-Outs from bouncing.
However, the gimmick means that the tip is unfixed and is capable of tilting somewhat which creates poor stability. This poor stability is further made dangerous by the molding of the cone which as a slightly raised lip around the center, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Eternal Wide Defense or Wave Wide Defense which when knocked off balance the lip creates a second point of contact, creating acceleration which reduces stamina. As such Nothing is outclassed in terms of stamina by Revolve and Atomic.
While Nothing can minimize the chances of a mis-launch causing a self-Knock-Out, the drawbacks of poor stability and stamina drain from two points of contact render Nothing outclassed by Revolve and Atomic.
As such, this tip is suited for collection purposes only.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
Hasbro's release of Nothing is mostly unchanged except for the fact that the spring loaded tip is shorter which is meant to reduce instability.
But because Hasbro's Nothing has almost identical performance to the Takara Tomy version, it is also recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-79 Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing (translucent orange)
- B-87 Random Booster Vol. 7 Maximum Garuda .8F.Fl - 08: Jail Jormungand 6Glaive Nothing
- B-101 Random Booster Vol. 9 Beat Kukulcan .7U.Hn - 05: Guardian Kerbeus 7 Nothing
- B-111 Random Booster Vol. 10 Crash Ragnaruk .11R.Wd - 08: Legend Spriggan 0Under Nothing
- E1029 Fafnir F3 8 Nothing
- The 'Nothing' Driver has the potential to perform the Rush Launch and the Counter Break if launched correctly.