|Ray Striker D125CS|
|Also known as:||Ray Unicorno D125CS|
|First appearance: (Anime)||Seeking the Legend|
|First appearance: (Manga)||N/A|
Ray Striker D125CS (known in Japan as Ray Unicorno D125CS) is an Attack-Type Beyblade that appears in the anime and manga series, Beyblade: Metal Masters. It was released in Japan on April 1, 2010, worldwide in May 2011. It's owned by Masamune Kadoya and its evolution is Blitz Striker 100RSF.
Face Bolt: Striker/Unicorno IThe Face Bolt depicts "Monoceros", one of the 88 constellations in space. Monoceros is Greek for "unicorn" of which the Beyblade is based on. The design depicts a unicorn's face going in a S-like shape (standing for its name) outlined in yellow on a translucent purple Face Bolt though a newer version is a unicorn's face outlined in silver on a dark grey purple face bolt.
Energy Ring: Striker/Unicorno IStriker has three spikes around it which feature a Unicorn's head with a bronze horn, this horn represents the main horn of a unicorn, Three smaller spikes which feature a Unicorn's neck appear between each other spike going into a rightward motion. If you rotate it 180 degrees it would look like a mode change which can be done with certain Fusion Wheels, such as Cyber, Galaxy, and Storm. It is similar in positioning to the L-Drago energy ring.
Attack: 4 - Defense: 2 - Stamina: 1.
Fusion Wheel: Ray
- Weight: 29.4 grams
Attack: 4 - Defense: 1 - Stamina: 2
Spin Track: D125
- Weight: 1.7 Grams
Attack: 0 - Defense: 2 - Stamina: 1
Performance Tip: Coating Spike/Coat SharpCoating Spike/Coat Sharp is more like Rubber Flat Sharp or a variation of Rubber Flat, but with a Sharp tip coated in rubber hence the name, "Coating" Spike. It is greatly chosen in Attack and Defense-Type combinations when launched, the Coating Spike will have limited movement due to the Sharp tip, however, if it gets knocked off balance, it will act as a Rubber Flat and provide fast and chaotic movement. It usually spins in the middle of a stadium on stadiums like Burning FireStrike and Bolt Blast. If used with a String Launcher, the Coating Spike will move aggressively like a Rubber Flat but act as a Defense-Tip later due to the Sharp tip. Due to this, it is similar to the mechanism in Final Survive. Once it's attack power wears out, it's really stamina too. Overall, Coating Spike is a great Tip for Attack and Defense combinations and resembles a grey Rubber Flat but with a grey Sharp tip in the center of the red rubber. It is recommended to have multiple CS's because after the rubber wears out, it will not have much of an aggressive movement.
The CS Performance Tips produced by Hasbro and SonoKong have both been discovered to have a lesser-defined Sharp axis than its Tomy-produced counterpart. This makes the Hasbro/SonoKong CS more aggressive, becoming even more so when the tip is worn down. A Beyblade equipped with this type of CS, especially in it's 'worn-down' condition, usually exhibits the aggressive behavior of an Attack-Type if any physical contact, while maintaining the casual behavior of a Stamina-Type otherwise.
- MF Lightning L-Drago BD145CS (Attack)
- MF Quetzacoatl CH120CS (Attack)
- MF-H Basalt (Twisted) Aquario BD145CS (Defense)
- MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS (Defense)
- MF Hell (Hades) Bull/Kerbecs BD145CS (Balance)
Attack: 4 - Defense: 0 - Stamina: 3
|English Translation||Ray Unicorn|
|English Dub Name||Ray Striker|
|First Appearance (Anime)||Beyblade Metal Masters - Episode 02|
|First Appearance (Manga)||N/A|
Ray Striker's Beast is a glowing, light green unicorn which can seemingly teleport by transforming itself into rays of green light, and reappearing elsewhere in the stadium. Masamune used this to trick Flame Libra in his tournament battle with Yu.
- Lightning Sword Flash : Ray Striker's first and only special move, It was first used in Beyblade: Metal Masters episode 5.
- Ray Striker's Japanese release date was on April Fools' Day, and it was also released 2 years before Metal Fury ended.
- Despite the official image, Ray Striker's Energy Ring has the "horns" colored goldish-bronze instead of orange.
- The stickers that go on the outside of the Ray Fusion Wheel can be applied and won't become scratched off during battle.
- This Bey mixes Attack and Defense along with Stamina to perform at maximized power.
- It is debatable that Ray Striker is a Balance-Type due to the CS performance tip.
- Ray Striker's counterpart in the Original Series is Unicolyon.
- CS becomes worn down after a while, and should not be used in a tournament setting.
- Upon its release in North America, on the Hasbro packging, it was classified as a Balance-Type.
- Lightning L-Drago and Storm Pegasus may have inspired the creation of Ray Striker because of the lightning oriented Special Move from L-Drago and the mythical horse theme from Pegasus.
- It is currently the first and only Beyblade with the D125CS combo.
- It is also the first Bey to feature the CS Performance Tip in a booster pack.
- In the Lightning Sword Showdown pack, the CS tip has plastic instead of metal in the center.
- Ray Striker will be re-released in the Beyblade Legends Super Vortex Battle Set with Gravity Destroyer AD145WD.
|This article is part of Project: Beys, a Beyblade Wiki project that aims to cover all aspects of the Beyblade spinning tops.|